Monday, August 30, 2010
Executive Board Minutes August 2010
MURRAY WOMAN’S CLUB
Executive Board Minutes
August 2, 2010
The Executive Board of the Murray Woman’s Club met on Monday evening, August 2, 2010 Linda Cherry, first vice-president, presided and called the meeting to order at 6:31 p.m.
Brief announcements regarding the visit of representatives from the Magdalene Community in Nashville to a local church and the “Showcase MWC” were made.
Linda Cherry, first vice-president, discussed preparations for the “Showcase.” Each department is to furnish 1/2 gal. lemonade and 1 doz. cookies. Gale Vinson will arrange for music. Each department will have an information table and should provide a representative to be present. Members were encouraged to send personal invitations to those women who might be interested in the Club.
She also dealt with the following items of business:
1. Correspondence from KFWC inviting women to come to Frankfort to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the women’s voting rights amendment.
2. Yearbook Linda Scott is proofreading the pages. She is also negotiating to get the best price for printing the book.
3. Filing for Nonprofit status. She asked Virginia Randolph to check with Cathy Pigg to make sure our forms have been filed.
4. Resignation of First District Governor. She reported that the current governor has resigned and that representatives from our Club are attending a called meeting to elect a new governor.
5. Cookbooks. Martha Crafton has separated the remaining cookbooks into 10 groups (5 for each department) to sell.
6. Reports. The president needs to have all departmental reports as soon as possible.
7. Minutes for July. The review committee was not prepared to report. The report will be given at the August 30 Board meeting.
Kathy Jo Stubblefield, second vice-president, stated that the GFWC contest rules may be the same as last year. She has not received that information yet. She said that she will distribute the information to departmental chairs as soon as she receives it
She made the following report on the Legislative Forum meal:
1. Meal will be a fundraiser.
2. Meal will consist of barbecue sandwiches, beans, slaw, potato chips,
and bar cookies.
3. One person from each department needed to help with meal.
4. Sign-up sheet will be available next meeting.
MOTION: Evelyn Wallis moved that each department contribute $__ to purchase
supplies for the meal. The motion was seconded and passed.
5. Ask the MWC publicity chairwoman to plan publicity for the event.
Treasurer In the absence of the treasurer, no report was available.
Linda Scott discussed costs for printing current yearbooks and suggested that the Board consider a new format for next year’s publication.
Sigma Department has 3 new members and 1 former member is returning.
Linda Cherry announced that the first General Meeting will be September 23. The speaker will be Jennifer Wilson. This meeting will be a Salad Supper.
Virginia Randolph reported that Cynthia Barnes needs to have a debit card available for purchasing supplies for the Club House.
MOTION: Virginia Randolph moved that the Board authorize BB&T bank to issue Cynthia Barnes a debit card not to exceed $__ on the Club’s account.
Motion was seconded and passed.
Make a Difference Day, Saturday, August 7.
MWC Showcase, August 15
Clubhouse cleaning, August 21
General Meeting, September 23 at 6 P.M. Salad Supper
REMEMBER:: SEPTEMBER BOARD MEETING WILL BE AUGUST 30 AT 6:30 P.M.